Candidate Qualification Screening Service (Trusted Curation)
In our experience we have noticed that many times job descriptions and the titles associated with them do not always quite match-up in the devops job market. For instance, we have seen requests for devops positions that really should hold titles like:
- Linux administrator (engineer)
- Network administrator (engineer)
For recruiters like yourself this can be very frustrating. Not only does this cause confusion between you and your clients, you may also find candidates are inadvertently mis-representing themselves. Not only might you lose an opportunity to please a client, you may lose the client and possibly hurt your brand/reputation. Essentially, a client’s trust is how you earned their business. It would be a good thing to preserve it.
Could it be possible to make the process of clearly identifying (and communicating) an employer’s needs and then finding only the best candidate more efficient? Have you tried to implement trusted curation processes?
Truth of the matter is there are really only two job functions in the devops arena. Here is how to tell which role might be fitting
- Dev-ops engineer (internal/development) – Job descriptions that qualify for this position’s title are typically those requiring 2-5 years of experience in the automation of software engineering. This specific role does not necessarily requiring an expert in the area of deploying a solution to a production environment. A job candidate for this role should possess skills in the following technologies:
- Continuous Integration
- Configuration Management
- Infrastructure configuration
- Platform creation
- Compliance policy familiarity
- Security best practices
- Software development workflows
- Test automation
- Dev-ops engineer (production) – Job descriptions that qualify for this position’s title are typically those requiring 5+ years of experience in the automation of software engineering and production environment construction, management, and maintenance. This specific role requires an expert in the area of deploying a solution to a production environment as well as monitoring and tuning for performance and availability. A job candidate for this role should possess the skills needed for the above internal dev-ops role along with proficiency in the following technologies:
- Load balancing (network optimization)
- Log analysis
- Performance tuning
- Vulnerability (security) management
- Database management
- Backup and recovery best practices
We understand how difficult it may be to stay up-to-date with all of these technologies and , even more importantly, how to evaluate a candidate who claims they possess knowledge (of some varying degree) of them. At myDev-Ops.com we have developed a unique method of trusted curation that, in-part, leverages 20+ years of global experience in enterprise information systems and software solutions engineering as well as years of PhD education. Contact us to receive information on availability and pricing for our candidate qualification screening service. Let us help you use our trusted curation methods to qualify your next candidate.